Intensive search underway for girl, 4, whose stepfather says she was abducted on a Texas highway

On Monday, an intensive search was conducted in Texas of a missing 4-year-old boy that his stepfather says was kidnapped in a strange confrontation on a highway in Houston.

Maleah Davis has had multiple brain surgeries, including one less than two months ago, and “needs a lot of attention,” the Houston police sergeant. Mark Holbrook said.

A search group organized by relatives and friends handed out flyers of missing persons on Monday in nearby Sugar Land. The friend of the Maenesha Gatewood family told that she could identify with the Maleah family; his son disappeared briefly several years ago.

“The minutes are not like the minutes,” said Gatewood. “It’s difficult, it’s stressful, it’s crying and it’s frustration.”

Darion Vence, Maleah’s stepfather, told police he was driving to the Bush Intercontinental Airport with Maleah and his son on Friday night to pick up Maleah’s mother when she thought she had a flat tire, stopped and left. He said a truck stopped behind him and the men left, Holbrook said Sunday.

“You make a comment saying that your daughter looks very good, she looks very sweet,” Holbrook said. Vence told authorities that another man hit him on the head.

Vence told police he was unconscious for almost 24 hours while driving with the children in the truck. He woke up with his son on the side of a road in Sugar Land on Saturday around 6 p.m. And, finally, he walked to a hospital, he said.

Police were called around midnight on Saturday and the persecution began. Holbrook said that Vence is not suspected of Maleah’s disappearance.

The family car, a silver Nissan Altima, was last seen driving through an intersection in Sugar Land at 2:54 p.m. Saturday, Holbrook said. The authorities do not know who was driving, and the car has not been found.

“There are a lot of blanks in the story, but we hope the audience can complete them,” Holbrook said.

Brenda Bowens told the Houston Chronicle that she picked up her daughter stranded at the airport when Vence did not show up.

“I can not even imagine someone going through what my family is going through,” Bowens said. “Is incredible.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *